Birmingham 1 - 2 Arsenal
Chelsea 2 - 1 Aston Villa
Hull 2 - 1 Fulham
Tottenham 4 - 0 Portsmouth
West Ham 1 - 1 Stoke
Wolves 0 - 2 Everton
27 Mar 2010
Birmingham 1 - 2 Arsenal
15 Mar 2010
As everyone who isn't living in a cave is aware, David Beckham has been on loan to AC Milan in a bid to improve his chances of making the World Cup this summer. That dream has now ended after Beckham tore his Achilles tendon during yesterdays match with Chievo.
I do feel sorry for Beckham but the thing is, if I were Capello I probably would not have taken David Beckham to the World Cup anyway, and thus Fabio Capello and more importantly the England Team can be spared a media backlash from Beckhams absence in South Africa.
There is a good argument that Beckham would be an impact player, who could come from the bench and deliver a vital free kick or corner in the dying minutes of a game that could further our progress. But I would say that any player who is not in consideration of 90 minutes of action per game probably should not be going and I would also say that with the likes of Steven Gerrard and Frank Lampard in the team we should not need additional set-piece takers, they are certainly good enough to build our set piece tactics around. Yes, Beckham may still be the best in the world at set piece delivery, but that is not enough on it's own in my book for special consideration.
Beckhams form has not been great for AC Milan, and he has not nailed down a first team slot. So, if he is not good enough to break into the team demolished by Man Utd recently, is he good enough for England?
I wish Beckham well and a speedy recovery and I will look forward to seeing him in his blazer giving his opinion from the BBC match box.
13 Mar 2010
The scores now officially cursed are...
Birmingham 2 - 2 Everton
Bolton 2 - 0 Wigan
Burnely 2 - 1 Wolves
Chelsea 3 - 0 West Ham
Stoke 2 - 2 Aston Villa
Middlesbrough 1 - 2 Newcastle
10 Mar 2010
So, with three-quarters of the season gone how are my pre-season predictions going?
League finish Actual (today)
1. Chelsea Man Utd Close
2. Man Utd Chelsea Still close
3. Liverpool Arsenal Must have confused Liverpool and Arsenal
4. Man City Tottenham Sorry, but it won’t last.
5. Arsenal Man City Nearly
6. Everton Liverpool erm…
7. Tottenham Aston Villa not too bad.
8. Aston Villa Birmingham I was way off! Well done Brum
9. West Ham Everton Injurys, blah, blah, blah!
10. Sunderland Fulham Close again
11. Fulham Stoke Sorry Potters! I am a convert though (now!)
12. Blackburn Blackburn Zing!
13. Bolton Sunderland Come on Brucie!
14. Wigan Bolton Not bad
15. Portsmouth Wigan Another one that is one spot away
16. Birmingham West Ham oops! I’ll blame the Icelanders for that
17. Hull Wolves Still time for the drop zone
18. Stoke Hull This could be the Hull Story, battling to stay above the line
19. Burnley Burnley Bang on again!
20. Wolves Portsmouth I clearly picked the wrong whipping boys.
League Cup – Arsenal (oops, though Wenger and Asenal would be up for a cup run this year)
FA Cup – Liverpool (Blame Rafa, not me!)
Bottom Christmas Day – Stoke (no excuse, they can play football I just hadn’t really noticed)
First Premier Manager to be Sacked – Paul Hart (How come I knew that, but not that they would be bottom?)
Scottish Champions – Rangers (As good as in the bag!)
So my pre-season prediction have been a little off, and there were a few more made on Europe and top scorer to be decided. But arguably these much better than my Super 6 predictions which have been dreadful all year.
Welcome to the Blogroll to Back of the Net which is a thoroughly good read.
3 Mar 2010
Here is the sneak peek at this months Top 20 Sports Blogs as per the unique Wikio ranking's.
Ranking by Wikio